Tuesday 25 October 2011

Task 6 - Evaluation {Macro}

I think the photographs that i have taken fit the macro criteria because they are all close ups of different objects and animals such as a Caterpillar and my cat. 
I think my images are pleasing to different people it all just depends on the audience. I like most of my images but i didn't upload a handful of them because at the time i thought they were good photographs but now i don't think they are as good as the other images i have taken.
I had some limitations because I would have liked to photograph more animal species and id have liked to got some rainy photographs too for example rain droplets on leaves but ill continue to take more macro photographs if it does rain during the week. Another limitation was the wind because i was photographing mostly flowers because that's all i could in my garden and with the wind blowing the flowers everywhere i had to wait for the wind to die down and take many shots before getting the ones i liked. Another limitation i had was when I tried to take photographs from different angles but the magnifying glass wouldn't focus as well as it would from the front on view. I didn't have many other limitations, the magnifying glass in front of the camera worked very well but it was quite awkward holding the magnifying glass and supporting the camera in the other hand. It was a bit frightening in case I dropped the camera accidently but I had the strap around my neck for extra support.
An alternate approach i could have taken was like Hilary tells us in art is its all about composition of your images and that if something is too central it doesn't always work and this was something that was on my mind all the time. I tried to make all my images lead the eye from left to right but due to the restriction of the magnifying glass it was focused on the central part of the object. 
If i was to do the macro shoot again i would explore my surroundings more for example i photographed objects in my house and in the garden but if i had the chance id have gone elsewhere to take the photographs for example because i wanted to take more animal photographs i might have gone to a zoo or somewhere with lots of animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment