Tuesday 25 October 2011

Evaluation for Toms work

In the course so far we have learnt many different types of photography like what they are and how to adjust our camera settings for them.
One type of photography we have covered is street photography. I like the style of street photography but for me this photo shoot turned out badly because I was too scared to get up close to the subjects to take their photograph and too scared to ask them. It would have been better if I was more confident and asked them.

Another type of photography we have studied so far is photo trails. I really like this type of photography and I think it is my favourite because of all the different images you can create. When we tried the writing with lights in class it went really well because we grouped up and had loads of lights making trails in the darkness. When I tried to do light trails at home it didn’t turn out so well because the lights I used were too bright and instead of the image being quite dark the whole room was light up. But I managed to edit these photographs in photo shop to make them darker.

Shutter speeds is another technique we have studied and I thought this worked very well when we were photographing painting with lights because the shutter speed was very slow to catch all the lights.
Aperture is another technique we have studied for depth of field. We all brought in an object to photograph. I think this technique worked very well because I now understand how newspapers get their sports photographs.

Macro is another type we have studied and I like the style but for me it didn’t work very well because my camera wouldn’t take the photographs I wanted but it would focus before. I was quite annoyed with my camera and disappointed at the images I had taken because they weren’t as good as everyone else’s but it hasn’t put me totally off this style. I would like to try this again in the future just to see if I can produce the work I wanted to.

In the future I will carry on practising these techniques and hopefully get better at taking them.
Samantha Temoszczuk

No comments:

Post a Comment