Tuesday 18 October 2011

My thoughts about the course


I think I should be on the BTEC national diploma photography course because photography is my passion, I love how many emotions can be captured in an image and photography is all I want to do in life and I cant imagine doing anything else. I cant wait till I'm older and I can be the one to capture the many emotions and rare sights in the world. I'd like to be able to keep photographs as a memory and look back at when I’m old and forgetful and be pleased that I took those photographs and that they were good images. I should also be on the course because everything I look at I imagine I am taking a photograph, wondering what it would look like from a different angle or that its really interesting and I wish others could see this. I also think I should be on this course because I really enjoy taking photographs but I’m not as confident as id like to be but hopefully by the end of the course I will be more confident and if I want to go into studio photography I wont be shy to direct people into the right places.

So far I have enjoyed all the photography we have done my favourite style of photography would have to be the light trail because it was amazing how a bit of fun with torches can result in lovely images. I also really enjoyed the images I took from Hyde Park the sun shining through the trees was beautiful and even though at first I thought it would be a difficult task and I didn't understand the task at first I am very very pleased with the results and so glad I was there to take the photographs and didn't mess around instead of doing what I was told.
I have also loved learning about all the different types of photography because when I started the course I couldn't name hardly any or know their real names now I know a lot more than I thought there was and I know what they are as well. I really enjoyed the story task we had to do for Maria because it was different and a bit challenging but really enjoyable. Also I have enjoyed the high key and low key images because I like the many different effects you can do in low key settings I will definitely use these techniques in the future because I think its exceptional.
So far I haven't disliked any of it apart from the 100 strangers survey. At first I was very shy to ask people but then after the first few people I asked it got more and more easier to talk to people. I also didn't like doing the Macro photo shoot because my camera wouldn't take the photographs I wanted and it frustrated me but I haven't given up on that because I really like close up photography. I also didn't particularly like the architectural photography because it wasn't very appealing to me even though I do think its a nice style and I got some good photographs.
I can improve by becoming more confident but I think that this will come in time and not right away. I am also a hard worker and I will work very hard to achieve the grades I want. I should stay on the course to be able to prove that photography is the only thing I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment