Monday 23 January 2012

Image and text - Task 22

Showing how my final images for student life would look as advertisements:


This image of Ceri for me is one of my favourites that works best for an advertisement. My reason for this is because its eye catching, a real life situation (it hasn't been posed) but also I could see this image being used for a camera advert as she actually used the camera and looks like she is showing it off. I think the purple and blue colours within the photograph give a warm exciting feeling to the photograph that shows the advertisement I created for my photograph is successful as the camera is portrayed as capturing any moment. For an advertisement I am very pleased with this advertisement image and think it works very well.



This was one of my least favourite because it felt out of place, it didn't seem to match with the logo I had put on. But after deciding which logo to put on I stuck with McDonald's, as buses and at bus stops so it goes well. The main problem I have with the image is I added Gaussian blur to it which was the wrong effect. Looking at the image after so long I knew I could do better to make the image more better so I decided to test out other effects. The effect which I think worked best for this type of billboard was a vignette. I didn't want the vignette to be very dark and massive that it looked fake so I kept it hardly visible. I think this one looks a lot more realistic, a higher quality advert. As a whole I'm glad I went back to  re-edit this photograph because I was very unappeased with it but now its become one of my favourites which works well in this billboard. 


This was another image that I wasn't pleased with mainly because it looked a bit fake and again misplaced so I went back and took the vignette effect off and replaced it with a Gaussian blur. I wanted to recreate the adverts where their showing a product and then they freeze to show information about the product. I think i captured this effect very well and it works as an advertisement.


This was also another one of my favourite images as an advertisement because the jewellry that Liz is looking at has been hand made which goes with the title old fashioned values. I added a gaussian blur to this image which is a bit visible. What i didn't notice was the website was for finding out the real value of your jewelry. I think my image works well as this advertisement because it fits in with jewelry adverts but i also don't think it fits in because of the angle. But somehow the angle looks good. 

I am quite pleased with this image being in an advertisement but it is a bit too dark. I think the angle is the only good thing about the photograph because the background is a bit messy which i should have thought about before i took the photograph. But on the other hand it shows the photograph wasn't staged or taken in a studio like the original image.  I think this image does work well for an advertisement.


This advertisement was also another of my favorites even though she doesn't have the iPhone 4s but still an iPhone i thought it suited. I originally had a gaussian blur on this image but when i matched it up with the advert most of the blur was lost apart from the bottle in front of her hand which i wanted to get rid of because it spoils the photograph. So I tried various ways of loosing the bottle without editing the photograph. A way i did this was putting logos of mobile companies in front for example t mobile, orange, word, vodafone and o2.
 But when I do this the gaussian blue i had on is destroyed and has no effect anymore. 
So then I decided to use the gaussian blue onto her coat so her face and the phone is in focus but the blur effect is still there. 


I wanted to have a variety of billboards to advertise my student life photographs. I think the main reason why I disliked some of my photographs before is because there wasn't much experimentation with different effects as much and also because as i'm learning more about photography i'm realizing what certain things works and what doesn't. Im glad I went back and did experiment some more with my images because now I actually think they have improved and are aesthetically pleasant to the eye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment